Platform for U4.
A pretty platform, I would say. You have billboards featuring the Senckenberg Museum on one side:
And on the other side, Palmengarten is featured. We live among these tourist attractions of Frankfurt city:
U4 riding in... aiyah... if only the man in black suit stood still...
TV @ 1/4, AV @ 6.3, WB on auto, ISO @ 800.
Nonetheless, I still like this shot a lot. The idea was to freeze the men at the platform with the moving train. And of course, you see "Bockenheimer Warte" in the background at the left hand side. Here's giving it a more nostalgic look:
8 comments:
I LOVE that shot, it's so cool!! Wah, how did all you ladies get to be such great photographers??
Oh I love the shot...esp the one where the train is still blue. How do you freeze those people? I so need a verbal Canon tutorial, don't understand written instructions.
Mon: Haha.. I "heng heng" got that shot!
Lilian: I reckon small TV gives sharper images for moving objects, indoor this could mean not enough time for light exposure thus tends to be dark.
can play around there to compensate for brightness too. of course, there's also ISO values to play around with... but too many things to think about right, so I set ISO and WB to auto.
AV for moving objects.... always comes out blur, experience has it for the photos with "jumping/moving kid models" that I have. But perfect for indoor or not enough lighting kind of situations, esp good for static display (hence the stationary men at the corner and train in motion).
ok... don't know how to figure out the physics of it yet... still experimenting.... hope you get some idea out of what I'm trying to say.
Zowies, CIndy! Your photos are amazing! I love the monochrome shot - did you have a stand for that?
Actually, when I opened your blog, I saw the first few pics of the subway and thought - man, you must really be ALREADY MISSING Germany. Then you turned it into art!
BTW, I've signed up for Digital Photography School. But don't have knack like you!
Okay I get it somewhat thanks. Actually with the guy moving it makes the photo even more saarrt!
Lilian: Luckily, not all of them were moving... then the whole shot would just turn out blur. :)
Adeline: Monochrome is the same pic, just edited it. Maybe I should try shooting monochrome next time.
No stand there... and really, it's heng heng one lucky shot. ;)
You signed up for DPS? For tutorials or what? Can sign up meh? I thought just surf surf, look for tips and stare at the photos people send in.
But it's really good looking at DPS.... and esp others' photos... gives one more sense about framing and composition.
DPS has some regular email thinggy that will send you an assignment of the day/week and tips. Haven't received anything though!!
oic! thanks!
btw, the introduction bit to digital photography is quite good... esp on the triangle of light exposure (ISO, shutter speed, aperture value).
Too paiseh to do the assignment lah...
Post a Comment