Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Hello Autumn?

October 1st... 
- we're nearer to our departure date. 
- is much colder, at about 10 centigrade, than it has been in the past three years. 
- has lots of rain and wind... gee, it feels like November 1st! 
- many US series has returned to TV for the new season. That explains why it has been pretty quiet on my side. 
- Halloween is coming up... and then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Year... lots of anticipation for festivities! 
- more pumpkins. A visit to a pumpkin patch for the kids? 

Oh, and a Happy Children's Day to all! I remember how I used to look forward to this last school holiday before the exam started in my primary school days! 

2 comments:

Alcovelet said...

Hi Cindy, You sound so pensive. Fall does this I suppose, when you have to stay indoors a lot more. And you have a lot of things to think about, more so this year than the last two. I'm not much of a TV person myself - too restless to stay still I guess. I'm a movie and book person, and these days, a blogging person too. Some things don't change regardless of whatever continent you're on!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Yep... the melancholic autumn days... mixed feelings about going back to Sg, returning to work, not having to bear all childcare duties on my own, not being able to attend field trips of kids as and when I like to...

O yes... a good movie would be nice now except I've made only Tue & Thu TV days to reduce TV time for the kids... I always end up "punishing" myself???!!!