Somehow it slipped my mind completely to blog about the book fair this year. Nothing spectacular, since Sterling wasn't giving away free books plus there were many many other organisations present to collect books for a good cause e.g. Some representatives from the American English Library were there speaking to each stall to ask for a donation of books. I saw an African man with huge stacks of books. He claimed that he'd be sending the books back to Africa. Alan was skeptical when I told him about it. "Are you sure he's not selling them in Africa?"
Here's our take from this year's book fair. We weren't so crazy this year.
In preparation for our last extended weekend at the end of November before we leave Germany for good:
2 comments:
I don't believe he's sending them back to Africa either...shipping costs a bomb since books are heavy.
I got loads of freebies too when I was at the bookfair in 2005, felt sooo shiok. Guess more people getting into the action, so less chance to grab freebies now.
Yep... you are right. More people into action... and the Germans are very kiasu too!
the only time that was good was our 2nd year... last year when Sterling gave free books. This year Sterling got smart, brought only brochures.
Post a Comment