Monday, September 01, 2008

Kristin's 3!


This post is somewhat over-due. 

Here's what happened on the 22nd of August: 

We celebrated Kristin's 3rd birthday while we're still on our road trip. So far, Kristin had only one birthday celebration in our own home. 

When she turned one, we had a bible study group meeting at a friend's place. So we brought a cake and the birthday girl over.

Her second birthday was a special one. It was just Daddy, Mommy, Bryan and the birthday girl. A quiet, but definitely a meaningful one. Still, I think she'd like a loud part any time. 

We celebrated her third birthday in a holiday chalet in Ruegen. Kristin's definitely going places because next year, her party venue will change again! 

Kristin woke up in the morning and told me that she wanted to have 3 pink candles on a pink cake. Yes, I did order a pink cake, sort of, a strawberry cream cake. But I wasn't too sure about the candles. Thank goodness that the baker knew it was girlie cake so he also provided pink candles for us that night. 

Nothing extraordinary happened, no one cried this time. :) But she did say something that made both Alan and myself feel a little guilty. 

"Yay! I'll be 3 and it's my birthday. That means I can sit on the big chair and everyone will sing me the birthday song!"

Yep, the picture of Bryan's birthday party at the indoor playground was playing in our mind. 
But sorry girl, there will not be a big birthday party for you this year. We try to be fair and equal, but sometimes life isn't always the case. What we can promise you is a party like Bryan's when you turn 5. Bryan didn't have a big birthday bash until he was 5 anyway, although his first birthday was much more elaborate since we were back home in Singapore among family, relatives and friends. 



We love you, Kristin! 


Kristin's pink cake more than 50% of the cake is PINK!


On Kristin's request: I want to have pink ice-cream with chocolate. 


A tearless cake-cutting... :) 

4 comments:

Alcovelet said...

She's such a cute little muffin, this Kristin!! RK just watched the video and wailed, "I wanna be 12!!"

bACk in GERMANY said...

Well... we know he's an ah-pek!!! :D

Hsien Lei said...

Looks like your daughter and I share the same birthday - 22 Aug!!!

bACk in GERMANY said...

So shall we party together next year? :)