Monday, September 22, 2008

missing germany #1

I think I'll miss "the lazy Sunday afternoon in a park" like this one:




At this age, the kids are always fascinated by the things they can find in a park, e.g. wild flowers like daisies and buttercups, dandelions (they go crazy over this one!), stones/rocks, and at this time of the year it's about right for them to start their leaves/acorns/chestnuts collections. 

Today we were out exploring Guenthersburgpark. Fabulous playgrounds for kids! Hanging out there is almost fuss-free for the adults because the kids will definitely be able to find something to do on their own! 


Besides, kids like to hang around too... ! 



Of course, they'll have a swinging good time in the park! 

Note to self: Gotta remember to write about parks in and around Frankfurt. 

7 comments:

Lilian said...

Very nice pictures PP.

Frankfurt is such a great place for kids. Lots of places for them to run around. The boys used to love picking dandelions too, I was always afraid when blowing the dandelions, they'll take a deep breath and breathe in the fluff instead! *cough cough*

bACk in GERMANY said...

Nice pics? Thanks! Not being modest here... but am still learning.... not that I aspire to make photography my profession, just wanna have some decent ones to look at many years later. These few are the few good ones... I'm sure you also know, snap a hundred and can only find a couple good ones... and when I read the photo websites, i like... oh... must try harder next time.... heehee...

Honestly... not so crazy... I took out my camera, snapped for an hour or so and then i got tired carrying the huge thing around my neck.

Yes... love Frankfurt.... for all the little things that we can do... and it has really been great having kids around. Well, Alan and I don't get to find out about the restaurant scene here, but in exchange we get to do the kiddy stuffs...

Alcovelet said...

Wow. If only we had the playground AND the weather here. That, my friend, is what you will miss. Yes, better snap away.

bACk in GERMANY said...

O yeah... without the weather, why would I be found in a park in the first place?

Will miss... miss all the laid-back things we do there.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Lilian: Really... they'll suck it in? I never thought of that... and now *cough *cough!

Hee... like the one with Bryan, can actually see the flight of the fluff against the dark background!

Lilian said...

You know what, Germany has the best playgrounds of all the places I've been to. They must spend lots on their playgrounds. That swing thing that Kristin is playing on in the last photo, that's Brian's favourite playground activity in his school, ISF. Kids queue up to get on it.

And I love Lochmuehle, what an amazing themepark, all rides run manually. Loved it!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Hey... I read somewhere that clever people like to swing... don't ask me where I read that... just somewhere!

No wonder Brian likes that swing!
Kristin...? Not so clever... but also like the swing... aiyah... screw the person who wrote that!

Yeps kids and I will miss all the playground time here.