I was trying to explain to Bryan that the lack of rest would often cause a person to be cranky and have tantrum outbursts. Bryan, however, told me another reason behind his whines.
"You know, Mommy, I'm on a roller coaster. There are ups and downs. And right now, I'm at the lowest point. That's why I'm upset. "
"Where did you get the roller coaster idea from?"
"From Ms Julie. And right now, I right down here, at the bottom!"
"In that case, I think you'd better go and sleep immediately after your dinner so that you can be right up there again when you wake up in the morning. Otherwise, I'm gonna be right down there at the roller coaster too!"
Yep, I packed them to bed once the after-dinner reading routine was completed. Daddy was surprised by our early night when he called at 9 pm. He's travelling again.
5 comments:
So what's their usual bedtime? Stephen is up until 10-11 at times waiting for Daddy to come home. OK now since he has afternoon kindergarten not ok in January when he starts morning session P1!
Oh... I make them nap usually, esp cos Kristin still needs her beauty sleep. So we start their bed-time routine at about 9 pm, they are usually in bed by 10 pm, latest. Of course, there are times when Mommy does nothing, and then it will drag till about 11 pm.
Last night, they were ko'ed, probably by 9 pm. I sent them to bed at 8.45pm.
Thing is they don't sleep any earlier when they don't nap.
Haha... Mommy always aces Daddy in sending them to bed early when he travels.
Oh... don't worry about P1. Initial first weeks might be adjustment... but I suspect Stephen will be exhausted enough to either take a nap in the afternoon or go to bed earlier. It might be a bit difficult in Sg though since it's always so warm and the city is still very much awake at 8 pm! I used to go to supermarket only at that time!
Haha! The roller coaster, that's a good one! About P1, Hsien, don't worry - I'm sure they'll be so knackered by school, they'll naturally adjust by sleeping earlier.
I suppose I'll be crashing early too when stephen starts P1. Neither of us are morning people so it is going to be PAINFUL.
I can wake up as early as 5 am, and sleep as late as 1 am.... but I'm the sort that needs afternoon naps.
My work (when I return to the workforce) however needs me to be alert from 1pm - 7pm... *yawn*
Post a Comment