~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was cooking lunch today and I was trying to think hard about what I'd be listening to if I were to back in Singapore right then and there.
And bang! Wow... am I gonna miss this radio channel: Radio FFH.
My history with Radio FFH goes deep, right into my uni days in Kassel. I always had my radio channel fixed on errmm, gee I don't even know what the frequency modulation (FM) is... and I call it my favourite station? Yeah... I think it's somewhere around 105.7 FM. Anyway... I somehow always manage to tune into the right station... Yep coz I can sometimes even recognise my favourite DJs' voice, e.g. Johannes Schere und Sabine Schneider - these two names have been in my head probably since my uni days till now.
Why do I like Radio FFH so much?
1) It has a good mix of music, of course.
2) I listen to radio in Germany pretty often for pragmatic reasons like weather reports (important when the temperature can drop drastically within 24 hours) and news (I don't get to watch regular TV since my kids monopolise it for their own DVD shows, which reminds me why Alan and I even subscribe to cable TV when we never get to watch it.)
3) Funny programmes like "Marie aus Paris" (translated: Marie from Paris). Basically, it's about this French woman who calls up anyone and asks a funny question and the telephone conversation is recorded for entertainment purpose. e.g. She once called a yodeling group and asked if anyone in the group would sing the German national anthem when Germany played one of its European championship matches in a Swiss stadium. Yodeling the national anthem of course... Anyway, you might not enjoy the humour as much as I do, this is one of the sources where I get actual German entertainment, in this case, however, disguised with a French accent. In my uni days, it was a guy who did a similar show.
4) Strange news, e.g. today there was some hype about teenagers in Hessia who love "Hasensprung Turnier" (translated: bunny hop competition). Really, there're such associations around! Here's a competition I found online, from Denmark. I was told that this competition originated from the Scandinavia.
5)Alan always wonders why I seem to know where traffic congestions are on the highways. Well, when I listen enough traffic report each day, I always know which Autobahn intersection to avoid... And which Autobahn has roadworks etc... Quite an extensive geography I cover there since I don't necessarily travel the actual distance.
Anyway... technology has improved. Thank goodness... this part of missing germany can be replicated in Singapore, any time with the web radio. Hurray for the Internet!
Do you have a favourite radio station?
No comments:
Post a Comment