Monday, September 01, 2008

weekend wind-down...


Autumn's near - there's no doubt about it (just look at those apples), although the temperature for the weekend soared at 30 deg C! 
The kids were thrilled to be back at Appel Happel for the apples again. Alan and I had to stop them from picking too much. Can't do much with too many apples - not quite in the mood to bake nor puree it. Besides, the season has just begun and not all fruits are in their sweetest yet. 





Pumpkins... another sign of autumn... :(

Then we headed back to Frankfurt for lunch and some skate-scooting fun in the city centre. 
The usual Museumsuferfest (nothing much, just some info stands on the cultural options available here in Frankfurt) was along the river Main. Just whiling our time away, hanging out with crowds, expending the kids' energy, testing some shots with the new camera...





Sounds pretty sob and unhappening huh... yep, autumn means we only have three months left here! Sniff!



Skate, skate away! 



After having been a proud owner of a DSLR for a mere half month, I was telling my husband that I needed a macro lens! Haha! :p



For those who lived/are still living in Frankfurt: 
Now we all know that Goethe's born here and you can always spot traces of Goethe here and there. How about this one? Schiller! One of Goethe's closest friend. Anyone knows where to find this statue? I've already given you a clue. Just humor me on this one, ok? ;) 

4 comments:

Alcovelet said...

Cindy, you're the stealth blogger! There's nothing for awhile, I turn around, and whoa! 5 posts! Tks for the unpredictability factor of your blog!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Thanks for checking in!

Hee, guess you know that diligence isn't key for me! :p

Alcovelet said...

Your pictures are spectacular too! I have a DSLR (don't ask what). The Nikon one that my husband bought a few months ago. I haven't used it cos it's just too heavy to lug around. Ok, I'm inspired!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Go take nice pictures! What are we waiting for???