Thursday, September 18, 2008

for beginning readers only...



Our Scholastic orders just came in and more book supplies arrived at the Yeo's yesterday! 
This one was "hot" from the oven and the children loved it! 

Ok... don't know much about Kristin. Cos she was doing all kinds of somersaults from one corner of the sofa to the other, while Bryan and I were happily reading to each other. 

The one we got is "Very Short Fairy Tales". I like it a lot. Mary Ann Hoberman takes you a little further from the usual fairy tales, gives the stories a little more "what if's" and the result is creatively awesome! Haha... I probably enjoyed the read more than my kids - ok confession time: So, I buy books for myself, not for my children! 

So for boys and girls who love poetry and rhyme, 
this is a book we cannot miss at bedtime! 
By the way, the illustrations are wacky and refreshing too. 

8 comments:

Alcovelet said...

That book of yours sounds great! RK just loves puns and rhymes, so maybe he'll let me start reading to him again? These days, his reading diet is really trashy (ok, I can see it's quite fun). He's perennially stuck in his Usborne Puzzles and now, the Scooby Doo Annual. I heartily recommend these, not that they're high literature. Some things, you just have to do for fun!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Oh... Mr-I-can-read-all-by-myself will have to follow the cues, either left side or right side or in the middle, together.

Have fun!

He'll like it... he might start composing his own fairy tale twists after that!

Agree, reading is definitely for pleasure... no need always so high-brow one lah!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Hello... why am I still trapped in Thursday?
You know, it's been taking me darn long a time to publish a post!

I'm going to shoot some photos in the garden now... beautiful day!

Alcovelet said...

Enjoy! Take advantage of that light!!!!!

Ivana said...

Remember in for your next book list!!!

And just to let you know... I am tempted by your new arm extension!
= )

bACk in GERMANY said...

Sure... count you in.
:)

petite fleur said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm always on the lookout for new books for Nathaly. I think they are as much for her as for me. If I enjoy reading them, then I guess she'll enjoy them too.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Oh... Sandra Boynton is another author whose books are really worth collecting! She's funny and her musicals are dead funny, more so for the adults than the kids. The kids love the songs nonetheless.
Another good author is Julia Donaldson. We love her funny stories and songs too!

Gee... Am I only just recommending Funny and Song all time?