Instead of going to a tapas restaurant for dinner tonight, this was what we had at home. Something I whipped up last minute because Bryan had come up to me for the 5th time, asking me what I was going to cook for dinner. Someone was obviously hungry.
For once my food looks presentable... :)
Yep, I have a few things/people to thank:
1) My husband who bought me a DSLR!
2) My new DSLR that allows me to focus on the colourful noodles and blur out the untidy background of my kitchen counter.
3) My son who helped me decorate, I mean garnish, the plate with a bit of sprinkled parsley, chilli powder and cheese. His eyes lit up when he heard that his mom was actually allowing him to decorate dinner tonight!
4) My daughter who spilled parsley all over the kitchen floor... wait a minute, why am I thanking her for this mess?
5) The white plate... that's why the food stands out... and that's why good restaurants always use white chinas!
So what did we have?
I know some people had grilled lamb and were all stuffed up to their throats at a dinner party tonight... (ok... you got it? kacau-kacau only :p)
Our plate was something pretty modest, put together with whatever ingredients I could find in my fridge. You must be thinking I stock up well... Yes, I just refilled my groceries this afternoon! ;)
So presenting spaghetti mista:
For the sauce, we had carrots grated, baby asparagus finely chopped, champignons sliced, bacon strips, spinach all stir-fried with shallots and then with gorgonzola cheese and cream added. What rojak! But it was delicious...
"Tell me Bryan, does Mommy cook better than Vapiano?" (Vapiano is the children's favourite pasta joint.)
"O yes, Mommy. It's yummy!"
There... I solicited a compliment from my son...
Aren't kids just sweet? All they wanna do is to please us parents! :)
8 comments:
Wahhhh looks like something out of Nigella Dawson's kitchen! Gorgeous! Let's have a video of you doing a Nigella with a string of spaghetti lifted high up above your ruby-red glossy lips, then slowly...very slowly...slurped...
Or should that be done by Bao haha!
Salah salah...it's Lawson, not Dawson!
It's past 12midnight, I came out to have a look at your spaghetti cos I'm suddenly hungry. Man does it look good!
Thanks! Happy that you enjoyed it! I'll cook it for you ladies again. Perhaps the next time you'll be at the dinner table too! ;)
Lilian: Walau eh... that kind of thing only sexy Bao can pull it off lah! I will video it!!! *Slurp*
Did you um, withhold the food from Bryan to make him say that? Pulling your leg! Kids really do think us Mummies are super, huh? That's why we try so hard to maintain that facade. Oh, if they could just remain kids forever ... eek! What did I just say??!!
Oh no... of course I can't withhold any food from him... remember he was a fussy eater... it took me so long to get him to eat a decent meal.
Nah... am sure you didn't mean that. We all don't want our kids to grow up too fast.
I think the ultimate test for motherhood is to let your children grow up, go out and know that they will still come home to have dinner with you because they love to and not because they have to!
That last line you wrote there is powerful. Gotta brush up my cooking skills.
The last line is powderful?
Hee... feeling empowered by my kids's love for me!!!! Haha... someone so narcissistic today can die!
Anyway... it's up to you to interpret it ;)
Oi... you already cook very well... you know you always make me grow fat when you cook that beef rendang!
Post a Comment