Monday, September 01, 2008

labour day

it's a bank holiday in America, which means school's closed for today. 

I woke up feeling all miserable. The weather wasn't really the culprit, though dark clouds loomed and it started to pour even before the kids and I made it out of the house for our date with Bryan's classmate Daria and her mom. 

Well, it's the 1st of September and it means we need to start getting things ready for the move back. 
We need to terminate contracts with the phone service providers, utilities, my gym membership, our apartment etc... Movers are coming in at the end of this week to survey our place and make estimates. Basically, they aren't nice thoughts. It means my SAHM-dom will end soon, and returning to work force is imminent! 

I don't remember anticipating to move to Frankfurt with great enthusiasm. Perhaps I was too busy to even think about the move then. I was more worried that Kristin would arrive later than the EDD of Aug 25th. Then the movers came and loaded our boxes into the container by the end of September. And before I was even fully lucid between my delivery/confinement/caring for newborn/movers/packing , my husband left for Frankfurt. The kids, grandparents and I joined him six weeks later. 

I have no idea how time slipped by between Nov 15th 2005 and now. The time has come for us to pack again. Lots of things to think about now... a heavy heart... sigh!

2 comments:

Ivana said...

Yikes! I know that it will be very difficult for me to leave. Think drama with lots of tears!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Yeah... I'd think so too.. esp when you've been here even longer... lots of fond memories, right? :)