Yep, I passed my home ec practical test alright! Guess all those years of chopping garlic and helping out in my mom's kitchen taught me some tricks here and there.
It's Saturday... somehow, fried bee hoon has always been our family's weekend dish. Maybe because my mom didn't want to cook much on weekends?
Anyhow, Chinese veg, chicken breast meat (marinated), mushroom were already sitting in my fridge. So fried bee hoon it was for lunch today!
Verdict:
Kristin: Mmmmh, mmmh! I like this noodle. (She said she didn't like bee hoon, but she liked the noodle. Clearly, this girl doesn't understand a single bit of dialect!) I think she likes her noodle/bee hoon al dente! Maybe that's why she prefers fried bee hoon to pumpkin rice.
Bryan: Yummy... Mommy, can we bring this to school for lunch?
Daddy: .... (I don't remember him saying anything, but he had three plates!)
Phew... one dish that pleases all! Note to self: Never forget this one. ;)
5 comments:
Are noodles your favourite food? Then that's one reason to come back! I've been buying the most exotic ones - green tea noodles are so passe these days :). I bought charcoal noodles and spirulina noodles today. They're absolutely fabulous!
Bingo! Yummy!
Of all staples, rice is probably the most unlikely on my list.
Love noodles, breads and potatoes... have been wondering why I've been raised by an Asian family???
But yes, Kristin loves noodles as early as the days in her mommy's womb, while Bryan really "forced" me to eat only rice when I was pregnant with him.
Hey Shandong people like me prefer noodles and bread as well. :) My mom used to make a big batch of fried bee hoon for me to take back to college. It made me real popular with my friends too.
I can really get used to this packing snack/lunch habit. At least I know what my kids eat every day.
I dread the day when they go to pri schools and they start asking for pocket money to buy their own food in the school's canteen.
Haha... my kids' teachers always wanted to taste what's in their lunch boxes, esp after the heating, the pantry smells so "Asian", they say!
wonder what I have been doing, not visiting your blog for so long (so many post to catch up).
Just to share, beehoon is also my family's weekend dish and on days where mummy absolutely too lazy to cook. keke
Post a Comment