We've been out all day since 10 am! Somehow the plan to dine out this weekend did not materialize...
thus the usual fast food from my kitchen. Whenever I have only 30 minutes to cook, this is what I serve. Nothing deep-fried. And it's a completely balanced meal when it's served with some white rice.
Easy to prepare:
Champignons chopped, asparagus chopped, tofu cut in cubes, tomatoes diced, egg, water, sesame seed oil, soy sauce. Place the dish in a microwavable steamer, then pop it into the microwave oven for 12 minutes on high.
What's not to like when the kids finish up the plate quickly and they do not even have to know what sort of vegetables they are swallowing down!
Above: In the microwave, 12 minutes later.
When Alan came into the kitchen, he teased, "Oh! Pretty food again?"
Bryan cheered, yay decorations again!
Kristin thought, I'm pretty, so I get pretty food! :o)
Here's my second attempt to make my food look presentable. :)
Now over to your kitchen, what's for a quick-fix tonight?
9 comments:
Eddie came back from Sg with 3 cans of luncheon meat. So it was luncheon meat for dinner tonight! haha, so kesian, lunch was fried rice with lapcheong, dinner kena luncheon meat with ABC soup.
The kids were thrilled cos they love both, but when Eddie came to the dinner table, he went, Huh? Luncheon meat only? Spoilt, spoilt, spoilt.
Darn lazy to cook these days dunno why.
Hey I thought all men like luncheon meat and lup cheong?
At least I know your younger ones do...
In NUS canteen, I always see boys buying up all the luncheon meat dishes and fried eggs... no vegetables for them please.
Actually I like luncheon meat too... until my grandma did it every day for porridge for lunch! You know, so hot in Sg how to eat porridge, and then put on my two layers of school uniform... blouse then pinafore! Can you feel that heat too??? Maybe that's why I love cold cold winters!!!!
But luncheon meat... hey good idea for a quick fix!
Luncheon meat? Don't they put horses and dogs inside? I wish it were a joke, but these China guys are crazeeeeeee!!
Ohhh, Eddie loves his luncheon meant, lapcheong, corned beef, name all the unhealthy stuff and that'll be his favourite. The fella doesn't even take any vegetables!
He mumbled cos he expected at least another dish or two; to him luncheon meat is just main-main (play-play) type of food.
BTW, you guys know about the China milk scandal, right? Stock market bust, China milk market also bust. We've decided not to eat anything from China if we know of it. But it's these insidious ingredients that foul you up. Go to www.ava.gov.sg, not that you, Cindy, are likely to get hit. But you in Moscow, I dunno man!
Lilian: Wow... Mr Ed has a good appetite... but that empowers you to have more fun in the kitchen... stop bitching here lah, go and cook dinner, NOW! :)
Adeline: Scary... even the Germans are checking all imports/produce from China.
But I buy the Tulip ones (spam) here in the German supermarket. Just as good and definitely safe!
It's all in the presentation. If it looks good, they will try it. Plus the French is very particular (or at least in our household) about how the food is presented. That dish looks yummy.
And I miss spam too. I dated a guy once who got me hooked on eating spam omelette with porridge & mentaiko (cod fish roe) - it has even become a sort of comfort food for me but sadly I can't get spam here.
O yes... I remember you're a soup and steam person too. :) This dish is steamed! It works especially well with fussy eaters, it started off with my brother. Oops... there you have it! We have this nitpicking trait deep down in our genes!
O, forgot about the luncheon meat part.
There's Leberkaes here in Germany that quite resembles luncheon meat in taste. Definitely a lot safer when it isn't made in you-know-where.
What do I know? My kids actually asked for white porridge tonight with Gelbwurst and scrambled eggs with courgette! Talking about strange palates!
Post a Comment